MoBirders:
The long-distance photo I took of the Neotropic Cormorants at Unit 3 of 4-Rivers Conservation Area has made it on to the Illinois Birders Forum as an identification challenge. Many thanks to Greg Neise for his photoshop wizardry! I maintain that there are at least seven NECO's captured in this image. Here is a link to the Illinois Birder's Forum page:
http://www.ilbirds.com/index.php?topic=24173.0
Stay tuned, as Mr. Neise has done some fascinating things regarding the size comparisons and we may be surprised by the results!
Good Birding,
Doug Willis
Liberty, MO