Mobirders -

Some birders are speaking of lists:

A July 3rd yard bird is a Mississippi Kite here in Joplin, one mile north of MO. Southern.
Mark and I saw one a couple of times in June also overhead.  There have been just a
handful of other observations this June (3, 9, 10, and 26).  I would think that they are fairly
regular here in Joplin.
First nesting record was about 1988; then the early 90's, and then a fledged young at
3rd and Joplin last year.
We enjoyed MIKI when we lived in sw Kansas long ago.  It is nice to see them here.

Good birding,  Larry H.  Joplin, Jasper County, MO.  [log in to unmask]