It was Eliot who said that the state of mind he experienced during the
war and his marriage produced TWL, so I suppose he thought it relevant.

>>> Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>07/09/09 11:30 PM >>>
May well have been at least for the earlier years.
Relevance is doubtful. The context of writers/artists at the time
is enormously relevant. He didn't work in a vacuum, nor was he
antisocial, even if he was a private kind of possum.

P.