Hello all,

Our family headed out to Eagle Bluffs yesterday evening.  When we were first entering Eagle Bluffs ,near the dry fields, we think we saw a SEMIPALMATED PLOVER.  We first saw it in the road my son Clay called it a KILLDEER.  I started to agree with him until it moved out into the field.  The face markings match the PLOVER more than a KILLDEER.  The part that has me stumped is where we saw it.  The ground it was pecking was dry and sandy not muddy.  Jonathan Pons suggested a juvenile KILLDEER.  I could use some help?

Thanks,

Liza  Loughridge