Howdy Mo-birders -

Despite the heat wave, field work must go on.  And despite the heat wave, our breeding birds are still singing to anyone brave enough to weather the heat and listen!  Among the songsters, yellow-breasted chats, prairie, worm-eating, blue-winged, Kentucky, and black-and-white warblers, parulas, ovenbirds, L. waterhtrushes, c. yellowthroats, field and chipping sparrows, pewees, Acadian flycatchers, summer tanagers, indigo buntings, Eastern towhees, white-eyed, red-eyed, and yellow-throated vireos, gnatcatchers, etc.

Whip-poor-wills still singing at Lake of the Ozarks state park.

I continue to see the previously posted scissor-tailed flycatchers on my travels to different field sites.

By the real reason for the post, along my route yesterday, just south of Sedalia along Hwy 65 (around where the 4-lanes becomes 2), I had a Swainson's Hawk fly low across the highway right in front of me.  A pretty sweet bird to end a long, exhausting field day!

Jennifer Reidy
sometimes Liberty, MO
currently all over MO

Insert movie times and more without leaving HotmailŪ. See how.