I have seen N Cardinals eating wild strawberries in our yard.

Linda Frederick
Rolla, MO
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Larry Lade
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: Bird predation in gardens? NO SIGHTING

For a couple of years (several years ago) when we planted zucchini and cucumbers, I noticed that Northern Cardinals seemed to be drawn to the initial ripening cucumbers when they were only about 3/4 of an inch long and would eat them. I never did see them bother the zucchini but suspect they may have been eating the blossoms or very small developing zucchinis also.

We have only strawberries (which the Robins love) and tomatoes growing now!

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO
gcrownkinglet AT yahoo DOT com