My husband and I enjoyed a hot afternoon canoeing on the Big Piney River in
Pulaski County.  The birds were surprisingly vocal for mid-afternoon.
I heard Cerulean Warblers in numerous locations along the river.
Also, many American Redstarts, Kentucky Warblers, Yellow Warblers, Parulas,
Chats, Acadian Flycatchers, Wood Thrush, Yellow-billed Cuckoos, etc.

I saw something that I don't believe I have seen before, a Turkey Vulture
drinking from the river.

Had a nice, if brief, talk with 2 young women doing some banding and
Cerulean studies on and around the Big Piney and Ft. Leonard Wood.  They
have located several Cerulean nests in this area.

Also, a mink with one young.

Linda Frederick
Rolla, MO