Dear Friends,
      It's been awhile since I've had the chance to download pics from my camera, so here are a few interesting shots from the last six weeks or so.  These are taken by digiscope.   If you have trouble downloading, or if you wish to see some other recent photos, go to www.pbase.com/mobish and click on New Photos, and scroll down to most recent.  Enjoy.

Here's a cooperative Scarlet Tanager from Rock Bridge State Park, Columbia:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979910
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979911
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979909

A couple photogenic Barn Swallows:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979866
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979906

An ambitious and hungry Great Blue Heron.  I have many more photos of the 30-minute process of eating this huge fish, and may post some later.
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979868

Another GB Heron in good light: http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979914

A hungry Turkey Vulture:  (Warning: a bit graphic!)
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979908

A Black-Crowned Night Heron:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979905
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979904

A mommy Wood Duck, with little ones nearby:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979912

A tragic, but not unexpected, raid on a nest at EBCA:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979907

A scruffy or diseased Tree Swallow:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979862

A well-posed Dickcissel:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979848

My favorites, the Cuckoos.  I've been privileged to see three Black-Billed's this season at Rock Bridge SP and Eagle Bluffs, but have gotten no good photos. However, here are some Yellow-Billed cousins:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979834
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979838
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979844

I'm hoping these are Baird's.  Can you help me out with these?  Thanks in advance.
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979855
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979860

How about a Dunlin?
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/113979857

Finally, the cuteness award goes to the twins:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/111327209

Enjoy, and good birding
.
Robert Schnase