Hello Missouri Birders:

Still good birds to be found out there during what is often labeled as a slow month...  Well, at least at Riverlands M.B.S. (St. Charles County).  Today, June 14, my son and I observed the following:

Ellis Bay:
1 - BROWN PELICAN continues...  Was a Missouri bird today, at the edge of a mudflat with Am. White Pelicans between Ellis Island and Riverlands Way before being chased further down river by three people on wave runners.  Here is link to some pictures I got of the bird back on May 19 (IL side):  http://www.pbase.com/jpuf/brown_pelican

1 - FRANKLIN'S GULL in alternate plumage
2 - LEAST TERNS, on the barge - These birds were walking around and flying, so they are "real".  Saw one fly in with a small fish and feed it to another on Thursday, June 12.  So, maybe they will be successful this year at nesting.
5 - BLACK TERNS
8 - CASPIAN TERNS

25+ Ring-billed Gulls and at least 1 American Herring Gull

Along Red School Road were 12 Cattle Egrets.

Shorebirds should be returning in just a couple weeks...

Good Birding,
Josh

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO