From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rebecca Secor
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 7:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Bird name fun - anybody game?

My husband calls the Yellow Rumped Warbler - the Rumpler - so that
has caught on pretty big around our house.
I once yelled at the starlings and said they were pigs and now my
daughter thinks PIG is synonymous with Starling.
The robins and a mockingbird will sit on the deck railing yelling
at me to bring them raisins - I always say hold on Mr. Squacky.
We always think house finches, house wrens and goldfinches sound
a little like a slappy happy child, talking to fast, with a
whole lot of nothing to say - so we call them pyscho or mr. psycho pants.  That name isn't really very acurate but it works for us.
Hmm there must be others - but thats all I can think of right now.

Becca Secor
O'Fallon,MO