Dear MoBirders,

   I Agree as well, though most were not overly "Profane", they really shouldn't
be available to be read by youngsters in this type of forum (even if it is what
they Sound like!!!)...  My wife Michelle, who is a Preschool Teacher, reminds
me almost everyday what "Sponges" her little Guys and Girls are and their
Ability to Remember even the most Secretive of Conversations if within 100
miles of earshot... The older they get, the Better they are at it too - why do
you think they make such Good Birders if they are Exposed early on...???

Anyway, I just had to tell a couple of mine and Michelle's little "Nicknames":

"Tricky-Dicky" - DICKCISSEL - these guys can be Tricky at times, at least until
they "Speak"...

"GB" - GREAT BLUE HERON - just shorter that's all...
or
"Heebee-Geebee" - GREAT BLUE HERON - I'm always asking Michelle: "do you
think that GB's get the Heebee-Geebees...???" I know, I know...

"Ring-a-Ling-a-Ding" - RED-WINGED BLACKBIRD - I have No Idea where I came
up with this one, but I seem to be "Stuck" with it...

"Michelle's Boyfriend" or (to Michelle)"There's another one of your Boyfriends" -
TURKEY VULTURE - This is one of Michelle's Favourite Birds, she Loves
them...??? I Don't Know Why, she just does...???

"Oooo What's That!!!" - ANY Interesting, Unknown or Unidentified Bird that
Michelle Sees - could be a Simple Bird that she didn't See well, or a "New"
(Life) Bird for us like the CAPE MAY WARBLER, she's Very Good at
Finding "Oooo What's That..." Birds!!!

Well..., that's all that I could think of off the top of my head, though I'm sure
that there's Many others - I Like Giving Nicknames to almost Anything...??? I
Don't Know Why, I just do...??? Thank You for Sharing, Please Take Care and
the Very Best of Birding to You All!!!

Yours,
Jonathan B. Pons
Boonville, Cooper County

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:10:37 -0500, Christine Kline, Secretary
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm new to the list so I'm going to state this as politely as possible.
>

>I'd like to remind everyone that when you post to the listserve, our
>wonderful birding community is not limited to adults.  I can think of one
>individual right now off the top of my head - Sam Kohler, an 11 year old who
>was introduced to this listserve and uses it often to post his sightings.
>(Doug Willis reminded me of him today as well.)  Additionally, as a Board
>Member of Burroughs Audubon and a part time employee of a local birding
>store, I constantly seize every opportunity I can to introduce birding to
>young people.  I have introduced a few to the listserve so that they know
>where to go to see a snowy owl or a fork tailed flycatcher.
>

>This is not a place for harsh words or words of profanity.  Perhaps this
>string could be removed so that our young birders don't read them.  I'm
>hoping the moderator of the listserve will back me up on this.
>

>Christine Kline
>
>Secretary ~ Burroughs Audubon
>

>  _____

Behalf