Back in the good old US of A after a hiatus...

I did some surveys on Little Lost Creek CA in Warren County this week from
June 9-11. It was quite interesting to see the ways that habitat management
on the area have affected the species composition. The best bird was a
HOODED WARBLER (rare in the N, and this is north of the MO river I guess) in
the southwest portion of the area (contact me for directions if wanted, it's
a little involved). Probably a repeatable bird, as it was definitely
behaving like it was on territory.
Other highlights included a good number of Prairie Warblers (probably ten
altogether), several Worm-Eating Warblers, and a young-of-the-year Great
Horned Owl with a very large unidentified prey item... they learn fast, I
guess! Lists from each day are on CACHE.

Phil Wire
St. Louis Co.
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>com