I'm new to the list so I'm going to state this as politely as possible.

I'd like to remind everyone that when you post to the listserve, our
wonderful birding community is not limited to adults.  I can think of one
individual right now off the top of my head - Sam Kohler, an 11 year old who
was introduced to this listserve and uses it often to post his sightings.
(Doug Willis reminded me of him today as well.)  Additionally, as a Board
Member of Burroughs Audubon and a part time employee of a local birding
store, I constantly seize every opportunity I can to introduce birding to
young people.  I have introduced a few to the listserve so that they know
where to go to see a snowy owl or a fork tailed flycatcher.

This is not a place for harsh words or words of profanity.  Perhaps this
string could be removed so that our young birders don't read them.  I'm
hoping the moderator of the listserve will back me up on this.

Christine Kline

Secretary ~ Burroughs Audubon

  _____