More often than not, for a person placed in Eliot's position, one has to be wary of making
comments because they are liable to misuse. I do not suppose Eliot would be so unkind as not appreciate where appreciation was due in his estimation.

CR

--- On Wed, 6/17/09, Nancy Gish <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

If your purpose is to acknowledge and appreciate another's thoughtfulness, clearly it is not.  If your purpose is to avoid that, it could be.
Nancy

>>> Chokh Raj 06/17/09 6:19 AM >>>

I wonder if sending a thank-you note is being "covertly unkind".

CR