Unfortunately that is an extremely simplistic definition of liberalism, which is not so silly as to assume so overarching a claim.

And when did "gift" become "free gift," as if one ever paid for a gift?
Nancy

>>> Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]>06/14/09 10:29 AM >>>

Indeed, a superficial view, a half truth..

I found it illuminating to read a few pages beginning with the paragraph "Perhaps the most important message in Augustine's philosophy was his view of human nature..." (p.75)

http://books.google.com/books?id=0qiYM2_HhJgC&pg=PA75&lpg=PA75&dq

Thanks,

CR