Don't you hear how your extract is incomplete.  I don't understand what you mean by a valid point

Marcia

Chokh Raj wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Do you want to say, Marcia, that the lines I have quoted make sense only in the context of the whole stanza or, for that matter, only in the context of the whole poem? If that were so, I would not have quoted them. But for me they, by themselves, make a valid point even out of their immediate context.

CR