Nice day to lead a shorebird ID workshop for a group of MDC biologists in NW MO. We started at Squaw Creek in the AM (800-1100) and finished at Bob Brown CA (1200-230). Here are the highlights, single birds unless indicated otherwise-

Squaw Creek-

Least Bittern
Cinnamon Teal (2)- one male, one female, vigorously courting
Sandhill Cranes (5)
Black-bellied Plover
Black Terns (150+)
Hudsonian Godwits (15)
Peregrine Falcon- kept the shorebirds, of which there were many, hiding way in the middle of Mallard Marsh (I think), made them tough to see. COuld have been lots more stuff, but didn't have time.
White-rumped Sandpiper (over 100)
Baird's Sandpiper

Bob Brown-

Western Sandpiper- in distribution channel, across from Sandpiper Flats
Wilson's Phalarope (9)
Hudsonian Godwits (8)
Short-billed Dowitcher (2)
Dowitcher sp.
Stilt Sandpipers (4)
and lots more assorted peeps, mostly White-rumped Sandpipers

Icing on the cake- came home and the trees were dripping with Tennessee Warblers. Sifted out another Cape May Warbler, this time a female. 3rd sighting in my yard this year- cool!

Enjoy,

Andy