I enlisted Gary Johnson to be my ears at Mt. Washington Cemetery, Independence, Jackson County, MO. (In case you have not noticed, Gary has developed a very good birding ear).

We started out well at 9:00  a.m. Gary heard Tennesee, Chestnut-sided, Yellow-rumped Nashville, La. Waterthrush & Orange-crowned Warblers, plus R-B Grosbeak and various other singers. It looked like a great day. Then it clouded over; the wind came up and everything shut up. We quit in disgust at 10:15.

Best bird: A late DARK-EYED JUNCO.

Bob Fisher
Independence, MO