Hi MOBirders,

Weather conditions for my Big Weekend here helped set a personal record of 50+ species for three days in a row.  Here are some highlights:

Friday 5/8

A stormy night and rainy morning still allowed me to count 43 species. I think there was a lot more out there.

FOY birds were:

Gray Catbird
Ovenbird
C. Yellowthroat
Golden-winged Warbler
Red-eyed Vireo

Other continuing birds:

Tennessee
Nashville
N. Waterthrush
Rose-breasted Grosbeaks
Chestnut- sided
Black-throated Green
Blackpoll
Indigo Bunting
Gray-cheeked Thrush
Ruby-throated Hummingbird

Mississippi Kite flew over

Saturday 5/9

51 species total

FOY birds were:

Red-headed Woodpecker
Warbling Vireo
American Redstart

Continuing birds:

Swainson's Thrush
Magnolia Warbler
Indigo Bunting
Yellow-throated Vireo
Chestnut-sided
Black-throated Green
Tennessee
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Bay-breasted Warbler
Magnolia Warbler
N. Parula Warbler
Blackpoll W.
Golden-winged
Ovenbird (#52 at the pond)
Blackburnian
Black and White
Baltimore Oriole
Yellow-rumped Warblers
Scarlet Tanagers
Cedar Waxwings

Sunday, 5/10

53 species total

FOY birds:

Purple Finches- 2 males
VEERY

Almost all the above birds continued to be seen.  Also, at least
3 Baltimore Orioles
Great Crested Flycatcher
Wilson's Warbler
Red- shouldered Hawk

Monday, 5/11

Another wonderful day, finishing with 52 species

One Empid, otherwise no new arrivals, mostly birds that continued to stick around and move through the
trees.

It's been a great few days to enjoy the birds!  Today, number is holding at 33 species.

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis Co, MO