Working late and not having much time to swing by a conservation area before dark, I swung by the power station in Idalia (East of Bloomfield) to look for the Western Kingbird.

It was present sitting on the barbed wire fence of the power station.

Flycatchers seem to be scant here in the bootheel as well. Seen so far this year:
Eastern Wood Peewee
GC Flycatcher
E. Pheobe (year round down here)
Least Flycatcher
Epidonax sp. (didn't respond to Least Flycatcher song from the ipod)
E. Kingbird

So far we're without tornadoes here in the bootheel!

Hope this weather's silver lining is multiple western rare species.

Good Birding!

Chris Barrigar

Stoddard Co.

HotmailŪ goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.
http://www.mobirds.org