Went out to EBCA last night to see if I could re-find the shorebird extravaganza that Paul saw on the NAMC (right after I left, of course). I found a few small flocks of Least Sandpipers, Lesser Yellowlegs, and Pectoral Sandpipers, along with a few Dunlin and Semipalmated Plovers mixed in. Nice, but not what I was hoping for.

The Canada Warbler and Mourning Warbler were both along the Katy Trail as it runs along the east side of Eagle Bluffs. Best look at a Canada Warbler I've ever had- sitting out on a twig over the trail, singing it's head off. The trees were dripping with Blackpoll and Tennessee Warblers. It was a fun day.

Yesterday, I also had a Cape May Warbler visit my backyard for about 10 minutes, also singing his head off in the open. Nice yard bird!

Andrew Forbes, Resource Scientist (Avian Ecologist)
Missouri Department of Conservation
1110 S. College Ave.
Columbia, MO  65201
ph. 573-882-9909 ext. 3241