During the count yesterday we all notice how the spring floods in Phelps County last Friday just decimated all riparian areas and low lying areas throughout the county. (Many gravel roads were washed out and some roads were still closed Saturday) I have never seen such destruction of prime habitat and I am sure literally thousands if not ten of thousands of eggs, hatchlings and nest sites were destroyed across all of Phelps County and Southern Missouri.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO

Pablo Neruda.