Add to my list:

Eastern Phoebe
Black and White Warbler - Female (the one I mentioned earlier was the male)

I went out for a little more owlette patrol this evening with my hubby, Andy - and a friend Wade joined in - and we saw many of the same birds I'd seen earlier,  but those two were additions.

It was fun identifying the Black and White female with Wade.  We bothed pulled our books out at the same time to make sure.  And it was her.

He also helped me identify the Phoebe.  Just a day earlier some folks had been telling me about the Phoebe and that they were surprised I hadn't seen one.  They said it looked like a flycatcher (without the crest) and has a distinctive tail wag (I like saying wag or fan, instead of flick) - and it sure does!  I saw my first today!

It was wagging that tail at me today and driving me crazy cause I couldn't remember it's name from the description yesterday.  Wade came along tonight and put my mind to rest after a few seconds of my description.  "Phoebe," he said and I let out a "Yeah, that's it!" and a big sigh.

As far as Great Horned Owlette patrol went, we didn't seen the newly released owlette ("we fondly call April Fool"), but I did find the dad.  He flew off and we followed him quite a ways, but I got the feeling it was a decoy.  We headed back and, sure enough, found April Fool's sibling.  We might have seen the Ma, too but it was getting too dark to tell.

We'll try a few more nights to put our minds at rest that the "April Fool's" okay.

Chris McClarren
St. Louis MO (South City)