Stopped by Henke Road about 12:45 today -- I didn't even
have to strain my eyes, there "HE" was, sitting in the Nest Tree.

I got two photos from inside the car, then got out, crossed
the road and got a couple of more shots from the east side of
Henke Rd.

Then a semi came by and scared him away. I checked
down by the condos, then went back and pulled over across
Henke from the Nest Tree -- got out, crossed the road and
tried to make myself small against the column for the
highway sign just south of the tree -- didn't see him
again, but did see a Red-headed Woodpecker go by.

Photos from earlier today are here:

http://tinyurl.com/quh35f

This links directly to the first of four pictures.

John Hitzeman
Troy, MO
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/