Cedar Waxwing Flock - over 50 today....

A flock of Cedar Waxwings flew into the same trees today as yesterday -  by Gaddy Garden in Tower Grove Park around 12:30PM.  (Don't know if it was the same flock that I saw yesterday but this flock was larger - more than 50 & impossible to count.)

They particularly liked the large Tulip Tree to the north of Gaddy, near the Cooper's Hawk nest, oh my.

They were moving about in the large tree searching for food so frenetically that the entire tree seemed in constant motion as I watched with my family.  My dad and my siblings gave my Ma new binoculars today for Mommy's Day and we were eager to try them out!

Yellow-Billed Cuckoo Correction

By the way, I wanted to note one correction (althought many were needed) to my long post on birding in Tower Grove.  I referred to the Yellow-Billed Cuckoo as a Yellow Bellied Cuckoo at one point.  It was a slip due to the fact that this bird had landed seemingly flat  his belly on top of some very short foliage that I found him in.

Chris McClarren
St. Louis MO