'Stopped by Fallen Oak Trail at Busch WCA around mid-morning
and was amazed at the number of birds at the Blind. I have never seen
more than one indigo bunting at a time, but at one point, there were at
least a dozen, because I did manage to count twelve and I know there
had to be at least 2 – 3 more in the trees that I just couldn’t count for
certain.

Indigo Bunting - 12+
White-breasted Nuthatch – 5/6
American Goldfinch – 25+
Eastern Towhee – 2 Males
Red-bellied Woodpecker - 6+
Downey Woodpecker – 6+
Pileated Woodpecker – heard “call” – didn’t see.
Chickadee – Black-capped - 3
White Throated Sparrow -20+
Titmice – 6+
North ern Cardinal - 1 Male
Rose-breasted Grosbeak – 1 Male
Mourning Dove 5 – 6

Lake at Main Entrance*
Belted Kingfisher – 1
Eastern Bluebird – 1 Male
Eastern Phoebe - 1

The usual number of RW Blackbirds and Canada Geese all over.
The Pied-Billed Grebes, American Coots, Great Egrets and Little
Blue Herons were conspicuous by their absence.

*I went into the HQ Building and asked the ladies at the desk if
 there was  an actual name for that lake, and the “elevated” pond
 along the road, by the parking lot for the blind that is out in the
 lake. Not one of the three knew for sure.
 < /SPAN>
I’ll be posting this to CACHE/SPARKS

John Hitzeman
Troy, MO