  From: Hazelwood, Susan
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 12:12 PM
  Subject: Jeff City: Painted Bunting, W. Kingbird, Scissor-tailed Flycatchers

  Jean Leonatti phoned to report that on her way from Columbia to a meeting in Jefferson City she stopped and looked around in Cedar City, southern Callaway County, this morning. She relocated the two Scissor-tailed Flycatchers at the intersection of Cedar City Drive and 4th Street. A bit further north on 4th Street, near the picnic pavilion, she found a Western Kingbird.

  The male Painted Bunting sang for at least a steady fifteen minutes behind the Taco Bell on the western end of Missouri Blvd, Jefferson City, Cole County. Viewing is great even though the Painted Bunting is perched in the second line of trees  because the trees are more of a shrub/scrub height and they are down slope from the Taco Bell's rear parking lot.

  Susan Hazelwood

  MOBirds-L Co-Owner

  Columbia, MO 65211

  Voice: (573) 882-7081