http://www.pbase.com/jpuf/image/111894876

Mark,  welcome back. Here are some photos posted on Mobirds.  Steve Dilks took these.  Paul and I were able to find it and watch it for a while. I wasn't sure how to tell which of the four subspecies it might be.
Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: Robbins, Mark Blair [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 8:07 AM
To: William Rowe; Mobird
Cc: Joe Eades; Brad Jacobs; Walter Wehtje; Kristi Mayo; Paul McKenzie

Hello gang,

  Just back from ca. 5 weeks in Peru.  Heard about the Fork-tail -- very
cool!  Did anyone get photos of the bird in flight that might show the
outer 3-4 pairs of primaries?  This is critical for determining what
population the bird came from.  Photos were obtained of the Iowa bird
that made it an easy id -- it was from the highly migratory population
in southern South America.

Mark