A family emergency prevented me from making my planned trip to
Columbia for the ASM meeting this weekend, but I was able to get out
for a few hours of morning birding at Watkins Mill SP (Clay Co.).  I
haven't been able to bird much lately, so I was pleased to see that
most of the warblers I found were the early migrants -- plenty more
fun is on the way.

Migrants, etc... (A longer, more complete list than I usually post,
but haven't posted much lately and had a fun-filled few hours, so I'm
sharing!)

Green Heron - 1
Broad-winged Hawk - 1
Greater Yellowlegs - 3 (flyover)
Lesser Yellowlegs - 1 (flyover)
Spotted Sandpiper - 2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird - 1
Great-crested Flycatcher - 4
Eastern Kingbird - 12
Yellow-throated Vireo - 6
Blue-headed Vireo - 2
Warbling Vireo - 1
Red-eyed Vireo - 5
Red-breasted Nuthatch - 2 (surprise bird of the day!)
House Wren - 3
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 3
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher - 10
Swainson's Thrush - 3
Wood Thrush - 5
Gray Catbird - 3
Tennessee Warbler - 5
Orange-crowned Warbler - 2
Nashville Warbler - 6
Northern Parula - 3
Yellow Warbler - 1 (on 164th St, the road west of the park entrance)
Yellow-rumped Warblers - 50
Black-and-white Warbler - 2
Prothonotary Warbler - 1 (east end of the lake, same area where I've
had them for the last couple of years; not sure if they nest here or
just passing through...)
Northern Waterthrush - 1 (on 164th St along the creek immediately west
of the park entrance)
Louisiana Waterthrush - 3
Kentucky Warbler - 4
Yellow-breasted Chat - 1 (reliable here, in the cedar-tree field by
the church & school)
Summer Tanager - 2
Scarlet Tanager - 1 (singing male in perfect light, absolutely burst
into flame, wow!)
Eastern Towhee - 10 (lots of 'em)
Clay-colored Sparrow - 3 (in pastures along 164th St)
Savannah Sparrow - 4 (same as above)
Grasshopper Sparrow - 10 (same as above)
Lincoln's Sparrow - 1
White-throated Sparrow - 1 (just one)
Harris's Sparrow - 4 (with Clay-colored Sparrows)
White-crowned Sparrow - 1 (also along 164th; birdy route in the morning)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak - 6
Blue Grosbeak - 1 (on 164th, near the chimney east of the railroad
tracks)
Indigo Bunting - 3
Dickcissel - 12 (on 164th)
Bobolink - 1 (on 164th)