Gorgeous day today - seeing all kinds of FOY birds - white throated
sparrows, as well as four sets of Rose Breasted Grosbeaks (m&f together),
Gold finches x 20, red wing blackbirds, house finches x 6 all paired off,
two very vocal red-bellied woodpeckers, a pileated loner, the usual downy's
and hairy's, and one single, itty bitty Indigo Bunting.  I'd like to say
that the Indigo is a fledgling, but I've never seen one before, and it
doesn't seem to have parents.  It currently looks like a female goldfinch
that sat in blue powdered paint, or better yet a female goldfinch that
robbed a bank and got hit with blue dye packs.  It's very splotchy and
smaller than any other Indigo's I've seen around town.  It's my first ever
in my back yard though, so who knows.  I still have only one mockingbird,
and he never shuts up, dancing around for weeks now.  I sure hope he scores
soon.  J

Also - wildlife is back in full play.  I've seen one coyote with a pup in
tow, two red fox kits, one momma opossum, and one very full of milk momma
raccoon.  I should have baby raccoons very soon.  The juvenile squirrels are
already almost fully grown, but everything else is still working on growing
up.  Aren't we all so lucky to be allowed to watch!

Angel Wintrode

Fenton, MO (Meramec River Valley)

Wildlife Rehab Clinic

www.wild-life-rehab.com