The Kansas Ornithological Society reports 168 species for the
weekend, topping the ASM list by 6.  Guess we should have gone
swimming and flushed some more ducks!

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

Posted by Chuck Otte on the KS listserve:

Following is the list of birds seen at the 2009 KOS Spring Field Trip to
southeast Kansas.  These were the species reported at the compilation
from
Crawford, Cherokee and Neosho counties.  Cheryl Miller kept track of
those seen
on the trips to Missouri and I suspect that she will post those in
the near
future.  The Kansas list has 168 species plus "cuckoo species" - a
fly by in
front of the car that was a cuckoo - the observers were just not sure
if it was
Black-billed or Yellow-billed.  If anyone left early and has
additions, please
email them to me privately and if anything is too outlandish, I will
request
details!  Thanks again to the great friends in Pittsburg who
organized this and
hosted us!