Good Morning.

Since I had the day off, I got an early, chilly, start to birding today.  My
first stop was Steak n Shake so I could try one more time for the Painted
Bunting.  He did show up in the trees behind the dumpster.  I also saw many
White Crowned Sparrows, White Throated Sparrows, Goldfinches, and Yellow
Rumped warblers.  I saw another bird that I couldn't get a positive ID.  It
had a black neck and head the body was a dark orange color.  My initial
guess is Orchard Oriole, but I am not positive.  Please let me know if you
see it.

Then I went for a walk at Runge.  I was greeting by a sing-off between 3
Indigo Buntings.  I also saw Eastern Phoebe, Blue Gray Gnatcatchers (in
nest), Gray Catbird, Northern Parula, Spotted Sandpiper, Black Throated
Green Warbler, Common Yellowthroat Warbler, and more White Throated
Sparrows.

Have a great day.

Liza Loughridge

Jefferson City, Mo