MoBirders,

Today was another bird filled work day.  I followed Jonathan’s directions to find the Bobolinks on Loy Martin drive.  I was there about 7:40am.  I was able to locate the Bobolink plus a few other sparrows: Lincoln Sparrow and Savannah Sparrow.  I was quite proud of myself with another bird.  I have been used to Jonathan directing me in my identification of birds.  However, I was able to identify a Dicksissel by myself.  I asked Jonathan to go back and verify my identification.  When we did, we also saw a Grasshopper Sparrow.  During the day, we also saw Chimney Swifts, Brown Thrasher, Harris Sparrow, Lark Sparrow and more Lincoln Sparrows off Park De Ville Dr in Columbia, MO.

I am a little frustrated after reading Steve Griffgraw’s post.  I took my family to the Steak n Shake parking lot this evening around 5:15 to see the Painted Bunting and couldn’t find it.  Oh well, I guess they will see it another day.

Have a great evening.  Going to dream of pretty birds flying around in my head.

Liza Loughridge

Jefferson City