Between Tilling the garden and fencing it in from our "digging" dogs yesterday, my wife commented that there was a dark D.E. Junco hanging around the nesting Killdeer in our gravel drive. Is this late for Juncos?

Also, while working in the yard and pasture, I am constantly serenaded by (among the regulars) White-crowned Sparrows.

I have also observed White-throateds still around here in the bootheel.

I just can't shake that these are a bit late in heading North.

Good Birding!

Chris Barrigar
Bloomfield, MO
Stoddard Co.