Dear MoBirders,

My name is Liza Loughridge.  I am fairly new to being an active birder/lister.  In the past, my birding has been limited to what I would see in my backyard or seen from the car while driving.  Jonathan Pons has been introducing me to new areas to find new birds and has helped my build my life bird list (I think he has created a birding monster which is being passed to my children).

Today Jonathan and I made an interesting discovery today.  We observed a pair of Northern Rough-winged Swallows building a nest in an opening in the cliff wall behind some buildings on Creek Trail Dr in Jefferson City today.

I am very excited to continue my birding list.  If anyone could recommend places to bird in Jefferson City/Cole County, I am open to suggestions.

My sightings for today include

Northern Rough-winged Swallow

White-throated swallow

White-breasted nuthatch