I usually get to see a few of Spotted Sandpipers during migration in the
Park, but today was my FOY for them.
It was spotted (oh yes the pun was intended) at the Deer Lake riffles along
the rocks. I have, in years past, seen them along the northern rock bank at
Post Dispatch Lake and the other riffles by Picnic Island as it dumps into
the river system.
Have plenty of Snow Egrets at Deer Lake also, bring your camera you can get
really close to them. There in the wetlands we have had a pair of
Blue-winged Teal for the past few weeks, maybe they will stick around to breed.

Chris Ferree
Forest Park Forever
St. Louis, MO