My ornithology class made a pass through the East Cape Girardeau area this morning, and the big surprise was a nice adult male Scissor-tailed Flycatcher. The bird was along a county road about 3 miles southeast of East Cape Girardeau. The bird was right beside the road, and didn't seem to let us bother it.

Not sure if this needs to be documented, but one of the students got some primo full-frame photos. I know they have been reported more commonly in this area in recent years.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau

http://www.mobirds.org