Thanks for that information Doug.  I'd like to add that a sr annual pass is $30.  You are eligible for the sr. pass if you are going to be 62 anytime in 2009.

--- On Sun, 4/12/09, Doug Willis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
From: Doug Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Smithville Lake Fees
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, April 12, 2009, 10:01 PM

KC area Birders:
Slightly important info. regarding birding at Smithville Lake(Clay County, MO):
Clay County Parks requires a daily fee of $5.00 per vehicle through the end of the summer. To bird Camp Branch, Little Platte, Sailboat Cove, Crow's Creek, etc., one must either pay the daily vehicle fee or purchase an annual pass($40.00). You do not need a daily or annual permit to bird from either end of the dam, from behind the Litton Center, or from any of the access points north of Honker Cove.
You can bet I get my forty dollars worth by purchasing an annual pass!
Best,
Doug Willis
Liberty, MO
P.S. The annual vehicle permits can only be purchased at the Camp Branch office this year.