Greetings,

As Josh Uffman so graciously posted for me, the Anhinga was a fly/glide-over. At 11:15 a.m. the bird came into view from the West, made two rather large, lazy loops over Otter Lake (I was standing on the observation deck that overlooks Otter Lake located just behind the HQ bldg.) and then headed over Cypress Lake to the East. (My apologies, over the phone, I told Josh it flew West - my bearings were crossed at the time).

I spent the next 1-1/2 hours in an unsuccessful search for the Anhinga. There were plenty of flocks of Double-crested Cormorants flying and swimming around to search through, but to no avail. It could have been feeding and under the water while I searched for it.

The fishing crowd seemed to really pick up around Cypress Lake at about noon causing all the DCCO's and most other ducks to flee the lake to surrounding pools and flooded fields.

If anyone was to look for this bird, I might suggest focussing their efforts on Cypress Lake, nearby surrounding flooded pools and the private property lakes located on the west side of Otter Slough where there are still a good number of Am. White Pelicans and Cormorants.

Good Birding!

Chris Barrigar
Bloomfield, Mo
Stoddard Co.

Rediscover HotmailŪ: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/