This morning had a vigorously singing Yellow-throated Warbler on the part of the Hinkson Creek Trail that is accessed from behind the University Tennis complex, off of Providence Road (labeled Epple Access, UM Recreation Trail).  It was right at the walking bridge not far from the parking lot.   This also appears to be woodpecker heaven - we had Pileated, Downy, Hairy, Red-bellied, Flicker and I was delighted to see 3-4 Red-headed Woodpeckers.  Haven't seen them in a while.   Another new arrival was Field Sparrow (this trail sports a variety of habitat, easy walk and easy access if you haven't used it before).

This evening there was a Horned Grebe (nearly breeding plumage) at Phillips Lake.  Lots of Ruddies, Shovelers, Gadwall, Coots and Pied-billed Grebes at this location also.

Thought I might have heard my first Parula on the golf course, but will need a closer listen tomorrow.

Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/