From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Mike Doyen
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 10:06 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: When Red-Shouldered Hawks attack...

Some years ago I watched a Red Shouldered Hawk, on the wing, pull a
squirrel off one of my feeders. The hawk had to rotate 90 degrees on his
attach run seeing the squirrel was on the pole, as he approached the
squirrel he seemed to stop in flight for a second as his talons reached
out to grab the squirrel, by the time the squirrel realized what was
about the happen it was all over. Amazing sight to witness..

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO

Pablo Neruda.