With all due respect, that is sheer nonsense.  There is never a valid reason for childish, mean, personal jibes.  And nothing at all distracted you: I am not obliged to be helpful about whatever you want to claim on Dante.  You are quite capable of deciding to stick to Dante and leave your dislike of me out of any message.
Nancy

From: Nancy Gish

My response to this is that you should start a thread of Dante discussion if
you want to discuss it.

That is precisely what I was trying to do when I started the thread.
I did it by providing a source which people could use as background,
if they were unfamiliar with Dante, or Dante scholarship.

Your response, esp. in its tone, was not helpful at all.
I regret having allowed you to distract me from my purpose.

P.