My original remark, by which I continue to stand was:
"If you're an Eliot scholar who is sensitive to the Dante
 influence, and it was BIG in Eliot even though it gets
 mentioned precious little on this list," I see nothing in it that
 is personally provocative, or critical of any specific person.
 It is a statement of fact, and, given the importance of Dante in Eliot's work,
 a legitimate target of criticism. I am not saying anyone is preventing it.
  I'm just saying no one is doing it, which includes me. I see it as a flaw,
 or anomally. You may disagree with that,  Fine.

Your response however, has no mention of the issue: frequency of Dante
  references on the list. The tone of your language seems to suggest that
  you took the remark personally. I found that provocative and allowed my
  self to be provoked. If you had dealt with the issue, my response would
  have been entirely different.

If you would like to get down to cases, fine. There has been a lot of discussion
of TWL lately. In particular the nature of the personages presented.
A relevant observation, connected with Dante, would quite possibly
have involved the line:

"so many. I had not thought death had undone so many."

P.