Dear Nancy,
    What are you basing the following (in bold) on?
I don't think Eliot's reaction to Rannoch was so much connected to WWI as to the condition of his own life in 1934, but he was clearly deeply affected, and I think it stayed with him as a major emotional source in his work.
    I mean how can you have access to the connections?  How can you measure and weigh them?

Best,
Marcia

Nancy Gish wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Dear Diana,

I don't really keep up on Pound, but I would think someone must have.

I don't think Eliot's reaction to Rannoch was so much connected to WWI as to the condition of his own life in 1934, but he was clearly deeply affected, and I think it stayed with him as a major emotional source in his work.
Cheers,
Nancy