CR,

You sent us part of a letter with Russell's complaining about his night of
bad sex with Mrs. Eliot.  I read something quite awhile ago about this
being somewhat of a regular or at least an expected ploy by Russell to get
sympathy from an anticipated mistress.  As far as I know this letter is
the only smoking gun evidence of an affair between the two (although I
have no doubt that there was one) but it loses value as truth if one has
credence in the method of seduction stated is believed.

As for Ackroyd's mention of the houses in Prufrock pointing and laughing
at him, consider the feeling projected by the leaning forms in Part II of
TWL.

Regards,
    Rick Parker