I'm not sure to which post you are replying here, Rickard.
My remarks are based partly on Eliot's own observations about
having started around 1910 to read Dante in the original Italian and
having been very inspired by it. Obviously he was thinking seriously
about the poetic importamnce of Dante in his article on Dante
published circa 1917-20 and then collected in THE SACRED WOOD
in 1920.

It's not that the influence necessarily shows up in his poetry
in terms of specific, obvious allusions, but unless he was wrong in
his own observations, we have his word for the importance of the influence.
Given that he took to memorizing whole passages of the COMMEDIA
in the original, it is hard to think that his poetic sensibilities and
perceptions of
his own world were not conditioned by such an exercise.

The SACRED WOOD essay has an interesting passage
to consider vis-a-vis Preludes and TWL and the other slum poems:

"To have lost all recollected delight would have been, for Francesca, either
loss
 of humanity or relief from damnation. The ecstasy, with the present thrill
at the
 remembrance of it, is a part of the torture. Francesca is neither stupefied
nor
 reformed; she is merely damned; and it is a part of damnation to experience
desires that we can no longer gratify. For in Dante's Hell souls are not
deadened,
as they mostly are in life; they are actually in the greatest torment of
which each
 is capable.
                        'E il modo ancor m'offende'"

 "Dante" THE SACRED WOOD [NY: Barnes & Noble, 1960:165-166].
TSW originally published 4 Nov. 1920 and reprinted 8 times. My edition has
the1928 preface [2nd printing], which identifies the essays as having been
separately published between 1917 and 1920.