I started Sunday at Columbia Bottom CA in North St. Louis County. Six American pipits were on one of the pools near the end of the gravel road. A vesper sparrow was singing from a jumble of grasses near where the gravel road and paved road intersect at the back of the area. Green-winged teal were presnet in good numbers.

At Riverland Migratory Bird Sanctuary in St. Charles Co., I found another 4 pipits, 22 American tree sparrows, 3 American golden plovers, four pectoral sandpipers, a Northern harrier and seven Bonaparte's gulls.

On to August Busch Memorial Conservation Area where a hermit thrush was singing in the woods. I Also hit Blue Grosbeak Trail.

Total of 67 species on a day I expected to be terrible due to the snow overnight.

Shawn Clubb
Collinsville, Madison Co., Ill.

Windows Live™ SkyDrive: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Check it out.
http://www.mobirds.org