St. Louis Audubon will be sponsoring a birding trip on Wednesday, April 1, to Voelkerding Slough, a new area for a SLAS trip.  The slough is located between the Katy trail and Hwy 47 in Dutzow, MO.  We will meet at the Hampton Lake parking lot at Busch CA and carpool/caravan from there.  Don Hays and Jim Jackson have offered to meet us at the slough and show us around the area.

PLAN:  This is a 1/2 trip and we should return to Busch between 12 and 1 pm.  Weather permitting, we can picnic at the Busch headquarters picnic area for those who would like to bring their lunch.  There will be some hiking along the Katy trail, and we might have to hike into some muddy areas at the slough to view the shorebirds.

DIRECTIONS TO BUSCH:  Take HWY 94 south from HWY 40 about 1/2 mile to Hwy D.  Turn right on Hwy D and go about 1 1/2 miles to the entrance to Busch CA.  Turn left at the T to Hampton Lake, on your right, and meet in the parking lot.

TIME:  We will meet at Busch at 9 am and should be at the Dutzow/Katy trail entrance around 9:30 am.

All birders are welcome.  We will meet rain or shine.

Pat Lueders, Leader  St. Louis Audubon

Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or less.