After school today went to Forest Park with a goal to see the Purple Martins again. But no luck. I got out of the car to check if a duck was a Mallard or a Northern Shoveler. It was a Mallard. Just when I was about to get in the car to try to find something else a FOY  little blue heron flew across the water. I also saw two great egrets. They're my FOY. And I heard killdeers. Coming back I saw one male Belted Kingfisher.

At my house in Bel-Nor it seems at the bluebird nestbox we won't have bluebirds. It looks like the Carolina Wrens are going to nest in it. I saw my first Eastern Pheobe in our neighborhood. Also a big hawk flew over are house.

Sam Kohler