Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:12:48 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: shore birds - newbie question
To: [log in to unmask]

It is on the early end, but there are several places that may be good.  In Saint Louis, shorebirds are where you find them and that can vary depending on the river height and the amount of rain.
The area along Firma and Dalbow roads has been good on occasion although there has not been much lately.
You can still get into the southern part of B. K. Leach from the other end.  Turn right in Elsberry on the small road just north of the bridge and then right on Norton Woods Road.  A note, however, that on Sunday parts of that road were not in good shape.
There can be good shorebirds at the northern section of B.K. Leach off of Rt. P.   You should be able to get a map of the refuge at Columbia Bottom.
The best bet is to just watch this space for posts to see where other people are finding birds.
David Becher
Saint Louis